There is literally nothing better post-workout than anti-inflammatory foods like mango & turmeric to help promote muscle recovery + repair any tears caused to muscles during exercise & loads of greens for vitamins, minerals + to replenish all water lost through sweat + rehydrate the body!
This smoothie is refreshing, light, thick + creamy & so delicious!
Delayed onset muscle soreness is the pain present in muscles 24-48hrs. post-workout due to damage that occurs to muscles during exercise. The compound “curcumin” present in turmeric is highly effective at reducing the pain caused by soreness & fighting inflammation. Mangoes are also an amazing source of anti-inflammatory properties due to their polyphenol + antioxidant content.
- 1/2 cup fresh mango
- Handful fresh spinach or kale
- 1/2 tbsp. chlorella
- 1/2 tbsp. spirulina
- 1/4 banana
- 1/3 cup homemade cashew milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. organic chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. Botanica Health golden milk turmeric ashwagandha powder OR 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric + 1 tsp. your fave adaptogen powder
- TOPPING: Purely Elizabeth Mango almond ancient grain muesli
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined.
- Top with desired toppings & enjoy!