Wondering what to do with your leftover almond pulp?! I gotcha! These vegan + gluten-free ALMOND PULP COFFEE CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL RAW BARS are where it’s at!
They’re crumbly on the outside, full of chocolate deliciousness, soft + chewy on the inside, bursting with coffee flavour, so nutritious & so yummy, they’ll remind you of a legit chocolate chip cookie. They’re vegan, refined sugar, gluten + egg free!
Whenever I make bars, I like to slice them & then individually wrap them up so they’re ready to take on the go with me if I want them pre or post workout or if I know I’ll be on the go! Bonus: it also helps keep them fresher longer!
- 1 cup almond pulp or almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp. ground coffee / espresso
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup
- 1.5 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate mini chips
- If you’re not using almond pulp, make your almond flour by grinding raw unsalted almonds in your blender or food processor until a flour-like consistency is obtained OR use store-bought almond flour.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl & mix with a spatula until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a loaf pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper & press the batter into the pan, flattening the top to even it out.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow it to firm up. Once firm, remove from the fridge.
- Slice into bars of your desired size, wrap them individually in wax paper or aluminum foil & store in the fridge (or freezer if you want them to last longer).
- P.S. You can also bake them if you prefer: Set the oven to 350F & bake for about 25-35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven & let cool completely before slicing.