If you know, you know… my sister is the queen of smoothie bowls when it comes to texture so I called her up & asked her for some tips!
The trick is to go easy on the plant-based milk & to add it as you need it & to add the protein powder only once you’ve nailed the fruit + milk texture. Once you add too much milk. it’s harder to thicken it up & get that perfect texture. I’ll tell you babes how to nail it so that it resembles sorbet!
Açai berry is amazing for so many reasons from its antioxidant to its vitamin C content, its ability to boost metabolism & help the body be better able to process essential macronutrients & is definitely a staple superfood powder in my diet. If you want to get inspired to use it more, search “açai” on my blog OR MAKE THIS SMOOTHIE BOWL! 🙃
P.S. You can also make a larger batch of the smoothie mix & freeze it to use as ice cream when you want a sweet treat!
- 10-12 frozen whole strawberries
- 1/4 cup homemade cashew milk
- 1/4 cup filtered water OR more milk
- 1 scoop Botanica Health Perfect Protein (vanilla)
- 1 tbsp. freeze-dried organic açai powder
- TOPPINGS: 1/4 banana, coconut shreds, Ceylon cinnamon + One Degree Organics sprouted oat quinoa cacao granola
- Add the strawberries, açai & milk/water to the bowl of your food processor or blender & pulse until combined & desired texture is attained. It should look almost like a slushie.
- Add the protein & pulse again until the texture resembles soft serve ice cream or sorbet.
- Top with desired toppings & enjoy!