As you guys know, I’ve been struggling with anxiety for years. I never took prescribed medication & kind of always told myself to just deal with it.
But, for the past 2 years, I’ve been trying alternative holistic remedies to help me cope. Many have thankfully made a difference (adaptogens, probiotics, B-complex vitamins, magnesium, exercise, therapy, writing & daily walks).
But recently, I tried CBD & I’ve never felt better. The anxiety is still there. It’s not going anywhere. But it’s a lot more manageable & I finally feel like I can accomplish my daily tasks without feeling like I’m racing against the clock & with a lot more calmness.
There’s lots of controversy re: CBD because of its source & whether or not you try it is a personal choice. I take it without THC + diluted with MCT oil but there are many types + strengths based on what you’re looking to accomplish. I prefer taking it without THC as it doesn’t have a psychoactive effect & research has shown THC can actually trigger anxiety in people who are already prone to it, induce sleep & increase appetite, whereas CBD doesn’t have these effects.
Some benefits of CBD include
- fights anxiety, OCD, depression, panic disorder, insomnia + PTSD
- anti-inflammatory + pain relief
- fights cancer due to antioxidant content
- relieves nausea
- helps treat neurological disorders
- heart + respiratory health
- gut healing
These truffles are DELICIOUS, indulgent, easy + simple to make & just the right amount of scrumptious & chewy to satisfy that chocolate craving! And yes, THEY CONTAIN CBD, but you’d NEVER know it because you don’t taste it!
If you’re not into CBD or you’re simply not taking it because you have no use for it, you can just swap it out of the recipe entirely or replace it with vanilla, maple syrup or yacon syrup to sweeten these babes OR a bit more Brain Octane oil.
- 1.5 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp. CBD oil
- You can swap it out or replace it with the liquid sweetener of your choice OR with an extra tsp. Brain Octane oil.
- 1 tsp. Bulletproof Brain Octane oil
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp. coconut flower syrup (honey works too!)
- 1/2 tbsp. Ashwagandha
- 1/2 tbsp. Chaga
- 2 tbsp. creamy almond butter
- 3/4 cup filtered water or plant-based milk or half/half
- Add all the ingredients (except the water/milk) to a mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Add the water/milk & gently mix until the batter is uniform.
- Form into tbsp.-sized balls, place on a plate, drizzle with cinnamon & refrigerate to firm up.