I love my oats but sometimes I like a little change up & buckwheat is the perfect happy medium! You get the texture of creamy oats, the plant-based protein, fibre + good carbs but a bit more of a grainy + nutty flavour!
What’s great about grains like buckwheat or quinoa is that they’ll take on the taste of whatever you add to them. I chose to go with Botanica Health Perfect Protein in vanilla flavour & almond milk!
This is such a satisfying breaky, you might just change LOVE it even MORE than oats!
- 1/3 cup cooked organic buckwheat
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. Botanica Health Perfect Protein (vanilla) or any adaptogen, superfood, protein or collagen powder
- TOPPINGS: Berries, 1/4 banana, hemp hearts, raw hazelnuts crumbled, Ceylon cinnamon & a splash of pure organic vanilla
- Add the buckwheat, almond milk & protein to a small skillet & heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a light boil & then reduce heat to medium & stir until all liquid is absorbed & buckwheat is creamy.
- Remove from the heat, stir, plate & top with your faves!