Here’s something I’ve learned recently: Plant-based cooking isn’t only delicious but it’s also super simple + easy! I feel like there’s such a misconception that eating a plant-based lifestyle is really time consuming + difficult. It’s true that making the commitment to it initially isn’t easy & requires a lot of motivation because you won’t see results right away. But once you’re in it, you’re in it for the long haul! ESPECIALLY when you see how good you feel after incorporating the changes!
Chickpeas are one of my favourite sources of plant-protein because you can do SO MUCH with them! Not to mention they’re very high in protein, iron, antioxidants, fibre + good carbs!
This salad uses chickpeas as opposed to chopped egg or tuna & mimics a typical creamy salad that would otherwise be made with mayo, oils +/or sour cream. Raw Dijon mimics that creaminess perfectly & is so much more nutritious & flavourful!
You can eat it as is or use it in wraps, sandwiches, on rice cakes, or in Buddha bowls!
- 1 can low-sodium/no added salt organic chickpeas
- 1 heaping tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 heaping tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. raw Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 radish, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl & mash them with a fork or potato masher, but leave some chunks in there!
- Add the rest of the ingredients & gently mix with a spatula to prevent the chickpeas from becoming too mushy.
- Top with more nutritional yeast & enjoy!