If you love matcha, you’ll LOVE this quick + simple breaky idea! And if you don’t?! Swap the matcha out for your fave adaptogen, superfood, collagen or protein powder!
This breaky is vegan, gluten, nut & refined sugar free & so thick, creamy & DELISH, it feels like dessert!
My breaky routine looks like this every morning: coffee + supplements + a bowl of plant-based deliciousness. I like to take my supplements with breakfast because:
- it gives me a good boost of energy to start my day
- it ensures I never forget to take them
- it helps me build a routine + gets my body into a clock, which makes the effects more consistent
- it ensures proper digestion + absorption because some are fat soluble, while others are water soluble; fat soluble vitamins need to be consumed with fats in order to be adequately absorbed + used by our bodies
- it makes life easier because I don’t have to take them on the go with me
NOW, back to this matcha chia pudding! It’s honestly amazing how easy it is to incorporate superfood powders into recipes that you’d make anyway, i.e. chia pudding! Due to the way chia seeds expand when combined with liquid, the powders get absorbed perfectly & don’t have a grainy texture or leave a bad or pasty taste in your mouth! So, if you’re someone who has a hard time incorporating powders, superfoods & supplements into your life, this chia pudding recipe might just be a great idea for you!
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 heaping tsp. organic ceremonial grade matcha powder
- Splash of pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. raw organic unpasteurized creamed honey
- Add the ingredients to a small glass container & mix until combined. The mix will be liquid but will thicken overnight.
- Seal the container + refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, mix & top with desired toppings. I used coconut, goji berries + banana.