KITK meal prep Sunday didn’t happen if a huge batch of roasted veggies didn’t happen. Today’s deliciousness fresh out the oven is these APPLE CIDER LEMON CAYENNE HERBY VEGGIES & trust me when I say… YOU NEED THEM.
The marinade is so versatile that you can literally use it on anything from veggies to tempeh, tofu, fish or chicken! It’s delicious, nutritious, full of flavour, easy, simple & anti-inflammatory!
I can’t stress enough the importance of WASHING our veggies! We live in a world where we sadly have no control over the way our veggies are grown, stored, imported, exported, preserved & transported. Even if we buy local or organic produce, this doesn’t take away from the fact that fruits + veggies are often coated in bacteria, pesticides, wax & other chemicals to prolong shelf life & ensure they don’t go bad before they make it to our grocery aisles & eventually, our homes.
Whenever we do groceries, I like to throw a veggie soaking party in my kitch: I peel & cut all my veggies, add them to large mixing bowls & cover them with water & a few splashes of apple cider vinegar. I let them soak for about 10-15 min., drain & rinse them & then store until we’re ready to use them. The apple cider vinegar helps remove the pesticides, residues, dirt & any other foreign particles that may be sitting on the surface of the veggies without us even being able to see them! Yes, it’s a bit of extra work, but better safe than sorry!
- 1 head broccoli (florets)
- 1 head cauliflower, (florets)
- 30-40 Brussels sprouts
- 10-14 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2-1 tsp. cayenne
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup organic red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar for sweeter veggies
- Add the veggies to a bowl & season with the other ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the veggies on the baking sheet & roast for 30 minutes.
- Once roasted, broil on high for 2-4 min., but watch closely so they don’t burn!
- Remove from the oven & enjoy all week (or for 2 days if, like me & you go through roasted veggies like undies #guiltyascharged).