If I had to describe this salad in just a few words, it’d be: the power of plant food (& fibre). I dosed this salad up with a heaping tbsp. of psyllium husks, which adds tons of gut-healing fibre & helps give the dressing a creamier texture!
I kept the dressing simple, as always & went with lemon & cayenne for a vitamin C & anti-inflammatory kick!
If you’re form the 514 like me, I highly suggest you try my favourite tempeh: the Aux Vivres Thai & Smoked Onion flavours. The ingredients are clean, it’s delicious & the texture doesn’t gross me out! That’s my biggest issue when it comes to tempeh & tofu (not to mention, as a woman, I try to eat it in moderation due to the soy content)… texture! A lot of the time, the texture is simply unappetizing to me, but this one is perfect & not slimy at all!
This salad is light, fresh, summery, full of health benefits & of course, DELICIOUS! Otherwise, i wouldn’t be sharing it… DUH!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1-2 handfuls mixed greens
- 1/4 cup of tempeh or tofu (I used @auxvivres_ Thai tempeh)
- Handful of shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 2 organic dried fig, diced
- TOPPING: 1 tbsp. raw slivered almonds
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne peppe
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste.
- Add the veggies, psyllium husks, tempeh & figs to a mixing bowl.
- Season the veggies directly in the same bowl with all the dressing ingredients & toss to coat!
- Top with raw slivered almonds or other seeds/nuts/blend of choice & ENJOY!