I know, it’s summer… But I was in the mood for soup, so soup it was today babes! Here’s an easy vegan carrot soup recipe you can whip up in just 30 minutes! It’s so thick & creamy, you’d never believe there’s no dairy in it!
If you’re looking for an anti-inflammatory soup full of vitamin C, antioxidants, gut-healing properties & a hella lotta flavour, this soup is your match! The way the cinnamon complements the savoury turmeric, dried herbs + veggies is BOMB! Seriously, if you’ve never tried the cinnamon + carrot combo, you don’t know what you’re missing
- 2 medium white onions
- 8-9 stalks celery
- 5 cloves garlic
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 4 cups water OR veggie broth OR bone broth OR 1/2 of each
- 5 cups chopped carrots
- 1.5 tsp. Turmeric
- 2 tbsp. Dried oregano
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 3 bay leaves
- TOPPINGS: Dried organic unsweetened cranberries, hemp hearts, nutritional yeast, crunchy seaweed snack
- Add the onions, celery & garlic to a deep skillet & spray with avocado oil cooking spray.
- Sauté the onions & celery over medium-high heat until onions are translucent & fragrant & celery begins to soften.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the water or broth, carrots & spices to the skillet & stir with a wooden spoon.
- Place the skillet back on the heat & bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower the heat to a simmer & let the veggies cook until they’re softened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat & add the veggies & leftover broth to your blender or food processor. Blend until combined, creamy & smooth.