Hi my loves!
I always get questions about meal prep, how I do it, my tips & how I avoid food waste. One of my fave ways to prevent anything from going to waste is to clean out my fridge on Friday’s & to find ways to use up anything we have left over from the week. Generally, we don’t have much (yes, we eat a lot), but if we do, I like to get creative!
Beets + sweet potatoes are two carbs that I prep almost weekly because they’re a great addition to plant-based meals & contain so many vitamins, minerals & antioxidants. They’re also rich in fibre, which helps boosts digestion & keep me full.
Mint is a healthy add-in to salads because it helps relieve indigestion due to its calming + soothing properties, boosts brain function + liver health by increasing bile secretion & flow + helping with the digestion of fats, supports healthy cholesterol levels, relieves bloating, improves dental health & lowers inflammation.
This salad is comforting but super fresh & summery & the dressing is light, simple + full of flavour! If you need some inspiration for how you can incorporate this deliciousness into a recipe, here’s how I incorporated it into a bowl for dinner. I added a raw endive, nutritional yeast, Simple Mills cracked black pepper crackers, avocado + raw Dijon mustard!
- 1 large roasted sweet potato, skin on & diced
- 2-3 roasted beets, peeled & diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. organic red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- Roast your beets & sweet potatoes or use the ones you already have prepped!
- Add all the veggies to a mixing bowl & season with the dressing ingredients in the same bowl.
- Toss to coat the veggies in the dressing.
- Top with more parsley & enjoy!