Feeling a savoury breaky today?!
Whenever I use an avocado in a recipe, I use 1/4 to 1/2 & save the rest, depending on the size! A great way to increase volume is to mix in another protein-packed spread, such as hummus or vegan cheese. This also adds tons of flavour, more fibre & extra vitamins + minerals to the mix!
As always, I added some crunchy veggies, nutritional yeast + dried herbs! Because… have you met me?!
- 2 slices sprouted bread
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 1 tbsp. homemade hummus
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1-2 radish, sliced
- Nutritional yeast
- Italian seasoning
- Mash the avocado, mix in the hummus & spices & combine.
- Toast your bread.
- Spread the avocado mixture onto one slice & place the veggies, nutritional yeast + Italian seasoning on the other.
- Sandwich it up, slice through the middle or keep it whole & enjoy!