Let’s talk about these VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE FLOURLESS FLAX COOKIES! Ya dig?!
They’re so easy to make & they’re basically “every allergy friendly” because you can customize them to suit your needs & even throw in your fave add-ins!
Flaxseed is full of healthy fats, energizing & brain-boosting B vitamins, potassium, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium & tons of other minerals! It’s amazing for gut, hormonal & heart health due to its anti-inflammatory properties & also full of protein to help boost energy, stamina + endurance!
PRO TIP: Always make sure to grind your flaxseed prior to using it because it needs to be ground in order for it’s beneficial oils to be released + to provide your body with all the health benefits!
These cookies are moist & chewy on the inside (like… soft & chewy #goals), crumbly on the outside, full of nutty delicious flavour complemented by coconut flower + vanilla & so full of nutritional benefits! They’re probably one of the simplest but healthiest cookies I ever made!
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup water or almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter (swap for sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup or raw organic unpasteurized honey
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS: Vegan dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs, goji berries, shredded coconut etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Add the flax & water to a bowl & mix until combined. Let it sit for 5 minutes to get up.
- Add the other cookie ingredients to a bowl & mix until combined. Fold in optional add-ins.
- Place the cookies onto the baking sheet (spray it with coconut oil if you’re using aluminum foil), making sure to leave some space between them because they do spread a bit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until tops are crispy & browned. Don’t worry if they look underdone fresh out of the oven. Let them cool off fully to firm up & enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature of in the fridge if you want them to last longer.