I’m beyond excited about this smoothie for many reasons, two of which are:
- I added my homemade cashew cream to it instead of using a nut butter, avocado or homemade cashew milk & it was DELISH! It added such a thick & rich creamy texture to the smoothie, along with a hella dose of healthy fats, protein & minerals! Yet another way you can use this super easy to make versatile homemade dairy substitute!
- I tried the Botanica Health Perfect Protein (vanilla). It’s sprouted, organic & fermented & made with just coconut, quinoa, brown rice + vanilla! One scoop rings you in at 5g fibre, 20g protein, 29% RDV of iron, just 2g sugar & a very complete amino acid profile! It’s delicious, has no grainy aftertaste like whey proteins, blends super well & so far, digests amazingly! It’s free of stevia, trans fats & cholesterol, dairy, gluten, soy, artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners & preservatives!
I’m also pretty dang excited about every ingredient in this babe of a green smoothie! Let me explain!
- 3 tbsp. homemade cashew cream (or substitute for Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup filtered water
- Handful spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 5 chunks steamed then frozen broccoli
- 1 tbsp. ashwagandha root powder
- 2 tbsp. Botanica Health Perfect Protein (vanilla)
- 1/2 tbsp. Bee pollen or other sweetener of choice
- TOPPINGS: Goji berries & hemp hearts
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined & creamy.
- Pour into a tall glass, add toppings & enjoy!