OKAY, so I didn’t realize the marinade for these veggies smelled (let alone, tasted) like pizza, until my sister so rightfully mentioned it while they are roasting!
All I could hear from upstairs was “KEL, the kitchen smells like pizza”.And you know what? She was right! So let’s call these “PIZZA-SPICED ROASTED VEGGIES”, how ‘bout it?!
The marinade is AS ALWAYS, super simple + made with ingredients you most likely already have on hand, except maybe one that is definitely worth picking up… drumroll please… MAPLE SYRUP WINE VINEGAR! It actually takes about a year to make because it’s made from pure maple syrup, which is made into wine & then fermented with “the mother” to become vinegar & to preserve all the beneficial enzymes for gut health! If you don’t have it, you can use coconut vinegar or any other vinegar as a substitute!
These veggies are crispy, crunchy, roasted to perfection, bursting with flavour & no, I wasn’t kidding… REMINISCENT OF PIZZA!
- 1 large package white mushrooms, sliced
- 6-8 mini bell peppers OR 4 large bell peppers
- 2 large white onions
- 1/2 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup wine vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Prepare your veggies & add them to a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with aluminum or parchment paper.
- Season the veggies & toss to coat in the seasonings.
- Place the veggies on the baking sheet & bake at 400F for 25 minutes.
- Once roasted, broil on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & enjoy!