Salads always excite me but dressings, not as much! I usually keep them plain to let the flavours of the veggies & other salad ingredients shine but today, I was feeling fancy so I made this green goddess dressing! I used mint & cilantro but you can use any & all greens from parsley to dill to spinach, kale, arugula or a blend of them!
This dressing is full of detoxifying & liver healing greens, B complex vitamins, plant protein, vitamin C, citrusy, nutty + savoury flavour & it’s all things luscious, thick, creamy & silky smooth!
TO MAKE THIS SALAD: Throw your favourite veggies into a large bowl & then… MAKE THIS DRESSING, toss the veggies in it & BAM! I used:
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 endive, chopped
- Huge handful of spring mix
- Handful of arugula
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 of an avocado, diced
- 1 roasted beet, diced
- 1/4 cup of organic quinoa (cooked)
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. homemade cashew cream, vegan yogurt substitute or Greek yogurt / sour cream
- 1 tbsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
TO MAKE IT: Add the dressing ingredients to your blender & blend until combined & creamy (about 45 seconds to 1 minute). Add water or apple cider vinegar one tbsp. at a time if you want a thinner dressing.