Here’s a yummy & light breakfast idea that takes just a couple minutes to put together & that you can customize with your fave fruit + toppings! You don’t have to have it for breakfast – it can work super well as a snack or as dessert, depending on how you decide to top it! You can even make a chocolate version by melting your fave vegan dark chocolate chips & pouring it over the banana halves, topping them with raw cacao nibs or sprinkles of cacao powder. The possibilities are endless!
PRO TIP: You’ll want to make sure that the banana you use is ripe, but not overly ripe. If it’s overly ripe, you might have a hard time getting that perfect cut & it might be too mushy!
- 1 banana, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. homemade cashew or almond cream, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. homemade plum jam or other jam / nut butter for heartier version
- Click here for my homemade plum jam recipe
- 5 frozen dark tart cherries or other berry or fruit of choice
- 1/2 tbsp. Purely Elizabeth mango almond ancient grain muesli or other granola of your choice
- Pinch raw cacao nibs
- Pinch shredded coconut flakes
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Slice the banana. Spread the cashew cream & jam down the middle. Top with cherries, muesli & other toppings.