If you don’t know, now you know, but I’ve officially slowly but surely made the switch over to a plant-based lifestyle! But the rest of my family hasn’t! So… DUTY CALLS!
This ground chicken recipe came requested from my dad & sis & TBH, it smells so good, I kinda wanna remake it with tofu or tempeh! Stay tuned for that, but for now, back to this chicken!
It’s bursting with Asian flavour, seasoned with coconut aminos instead of soy sauce to cut back on sodium & boost digestive health & so versatile! It’s a great meal prep staple because there are so many ways to use it so you’ll never get bored! You can also make them into meatballs or chicken burgers if you prefer!
- 1 package extra lean ground chicken
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp. ground ginger
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 heaping tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. organic hot sauce or Sriracha
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. organic first-pressed sesame oil
- Season the ground chicken in a large mixing bowl with all the ingredients (except the green onion). Toss to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Once heated, add the chicken mixture to the skillet & lower the heat to medium. Throw in the green onions.
- Sauté over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring every now & then to prevent sticking, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Enjoy in tacos, as is, bowls, salads, wraps, sandwiches or mixed into stir-fried veggies or rice!