Would you believe me if I told you there was frozen broccoli in here?! If you know me, you believe me. If not, you might have second thoughts! But seriously, there’s broccoli in there! Steamed then frozen veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, sweet potato & butternut squash make for excellent additions to smoothies to cut sugar content, add vitamins & minerals & boost fibre content. It’s important to steam them first to make them easily digestible & absorbable by the body.
This shake is full of nutritious fruits + veggies known to contain vitamin C, anti-inflammatory omega fatty acids & fibre for days, not to mention açai powder for antioxidants, boosted metabolism & appetite control, vegan sprouted protein for muscle building + recovery & magnesium powder to soothe the mind, boost the body’s ability to metabolize macros & reduce muscle soreness.
I also sweetened it with vanilla + Ceylon cinnamon for anti-microbial benefits & to fight inflammation. Reality is, when you’ve got real fruit (& real food), you don’t need the added sugars from fruit juice or syrups!
- 1/3 cup homemade cashew milk
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup frozen sea buckthorn berries
- 2 small kiwis
- 5-6 chunks steamed then frozen broccoli
- 1 tsp. hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp. organic freeze-dried açai powder
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla sprouted protein powder
- 1 tsp. Natural Calm magnesium powder
- TOPPING: Granolust mocha chocolate crunch granola
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined & creamy.
- Top with granola & enjoy!