Yesterday, I actually intended to make raw bars for the week but decided to make raw muffin cups instead!
These babies are no-bake, ready in 5 & the ingredients are beyond clean! They’re vegan, gluten, grain + refined sugar-free & so chewy & decadent, you’d hardly believe they could be THIS good for you!
What’s fun is you can customize them how you like: roll them into balls or spread the batter into a loaf pan, freeze then cut them into bars or make muffin cups like I did!
PRO TIP: When buying dried fruit, make sure it’s unsweetened, unsulphured & contains nothing but the fruit! Companies often add preservatives, sugar, artificial sweeteners + colours & sulphur to make the fruit have a brighter colour,make it look more appetizing + prolong shelf life. The fruit should actually be pretty ugly when it’s dried, so use that as an indicator!
- 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted (if you keep your dates in the fridge, take them out about 10-15 minutes before to allow them to soften)
- 12-14 dried organic apricots
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil (melted)
- Add the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor & pulse on high until a uniform batter is formed & you could pinch it between your fingers without it crumbling or roll it into a ball. You may have to scrape the sides once or twice.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups, place in a loaf pan or roll into balls. Freeze for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Once firm & frozen, remove from the pan, slice (if you’re making bars) & enjoy!
I’m storing mine in the freezer because I love the texture & they last longer this way!