These babies are made in the blender with just a few ingredients! They’re grain, oil, gluten, egg, dairy & refined sugar-free! I cannot even put into words how decadent, chocolatey, comforting & delicious they are! And guess what?! They’re all those things & GOOD FOR YOU!
The secret to their perfect texture is sweet potato! Yes, you read right! The rest of the ingredients add just the right touch for me to tell you these brownies are CHOCOLATE HEAVEN.
And the best part?! They’re so quick + easy to make. Add the ingredients to the blender, pour the batter in a baking pan & BAM!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato or sweet potato purée
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp. warm water)
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 vegan dark chocolate bar, chunked up
- Roast your sweet potatoes as you would usually or prep your can of sweet potato pureée.
- Add all the ingredients (except chocolate chunks) to your blender or food processor & blend until combined & incorporated. The batter will be smooth & creamy.
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into a bowl & fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Add the batter to the baking pan & use a spatula to distribute it evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven & let them cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then refrigerate them for about an hour to make slicing easier.
- Slice & enjoy!