I’m always excited about every recipe I share with you guys, but this one I’M SUPER EXCITED ABOUT!
Ever since switching to a plant based lifestyle, I’ve been DYING to try making this. TBH, I didn’t really believe it was possible or that it’d be that great, but I was wrong! Don’t underestimate the deliciousness of an egg-less omelette!
I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with plant-based ingredients & finding ways to make some of my fave foods in a way that satisfies this new way of life! The power of healthy food is seriously limitless! It tastes good. It does your body good. You feel good. And that’s really what matters!
It’s full of protein & fibre, stuffed with delicious crunchy veggies, sun-dried tomatoes& my fave ever vegan cashew cheese spread by Spread ‘Em Kitchen. I swear, you’d never know it wasn’t eggs!!!
If you’ve read this far, I think it means you’re into this omelette. And if you aren’t, take it from me… Trust me, you WANT + NEED to try it!
- 1/4 cup organic chickpea flour
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup homemade cashew milk or almond milk or filtered water
- 1/2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Shredde carrots
- Mixed greens
- 1 tbsp. vegan cashew cheese spread or cheese spread of choice
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened sun-dried tomatoes
- Add all the omelette ingredients to a bowl & mix until combined.
- If the batter seems too thick (thicker than pancake batter), add water a bit at a time until it’s thinned out.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat & spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Gently pour the batter into the skillet & spread it evenly in a circle. You want it to be on the thin side rather than thick. Cover the pan & let it cook, checking it every now & then, until the top is no longer shiny wet looking & the underside is light to medium brown (use a spatula to check gently).
- Remove the cover & add your filling ingredients on top of one side of the omelette. Allow the ingredients to slightly cook/heat up for about 1-2 minutes. You can do this with the pan covered or uncovered.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the side without the filling ingredients over to cover the side with the filling. Press down to hold the filling ingredients inside.
- Remove from the heat, lift the omelette with a spatula, sprinkle with more nutritional yeast & enjoy!