Did you guys know that manuka honey is so nutritious that it’s basically considered medicinal-grade honey? It’s a great way to sweeten smoothies, oats, Greek yogurt or cashew cream while adding tons of vitamin C, antioxidants, gut-healing enzymes, energy-enhancing B-vitamins & immunity-boosting perks! The manuka factor or “K-Factor” is what determines how potent + strong the honey is.
Even though it’s summer, I’ve been LIVING for overnight oats these days
P.S. Did you guys know that in order for the beneficial oils & compounds to be released, flaxseeds need to be ground?! You can either buy them ground or grind them yourself in your food processor or blender! BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO IT!
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup homemade cashew milk
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/2-1 tsp. Manuka honey
- 2 tbsp. Iron Vegan vanilla sprouted protein powder
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- TOPPINGS: Apple peel powder, raw hazelnuts, chia seeds + sliced kiwi
- Add all the oats ingredients except the toppings to a mixing bowl or glass container & mix until combined.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the refrigerator, stir & top with desired toppings!