We’re going through a crazy heat wave in Montreal these days & it seems like all I’m craving are cold smoothies + fresh salads! Do you blame me?!
This salad is legit an everything in my fridge situation with a very light but delicious balsamic vinaigrette! It’s full of crisp, crunch, nuts, “cheesy” flavour, good carbs, plant protein, antioxidants + anti-inflammatory healthy fats!
What I love the most about salads is how you can literally have one everyday & never get bored of them because there’s so many different ways to change up ingredients & to have fun with simple & easy dressings (I’m a “season in one bowl” kinda gal).
- 2 handfuls chopped mixed greens of choice (I used kale, cabbage, spinach, Brussels)
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet potato chunks
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tbsp. crushed raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinega
- Minced onion
- Dried parsley
- Sea salt + black pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
TOPPINGS: Organic sun-dried tomatoes + nutritional yeast
- Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl.
- Season the salad with all the dressing ingredients in the same bowl. Toss to coat.
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes + nutritional yeast!