What a shame that I forgot about these oats in my fridge yesterday morning! They were so DELISH that I probably would’ve remade them anyway!
They’re thick, rich, creamy, GREEN & so indulgent, they feel like dessert! The trick to the perfect texture is the protein powder + chia seeds!
Matcha is one of my go-to green powders because the antioxidants it contains in the form of catechins are super powerful! It strengthens the body’s immunity, boosts skin health due to its vitamin C content, which work promotes collagen synthesis, fights aging & even boosts energy + stamina! All the more reasons to mix it in with your oats, right?!
Overnight oats are great because they mean that breakfast is ready & waiting for you in the fridge in the morning. Whether you’re the type to rush through your mornings or take it easy, it’s always a pleasure to not have to make breaky, am I right?!
If you’re new to matcha, I’d start slow because the taste is definitely acquired! If you like the taste of green superfood powders, you should be fine with the full 1/2 tbsp. that I used, but otherwise, I’d use about 1 tsp. & work your way up!
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup homemade cashew milk
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan vanilla sprouted protein powder
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. organic matcha powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
TO MAKE IT:
- The night before, add all the ingredients to a container & mix until combined. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, add to a bowl + top with your fave toppings. I used cacao nibs, bee pollen + fruit!
- P.S. if you love them as much as I do, you can prepare a larger batch & refrigerate them for up to 3 days.