Veggie burgers are one of my go-to meal prep staples these days & it’s always fun to find new ways to incorporate beans + legumes since they’re one of my primary sources of protein! This recipe is the epitome of a really simple one-bowl recipe that takes just 25 minutes to be on your plate & only 5 minutes of prep!
They’re bursting with flavour, vegan, sugar-free, high-fibre & protein & great for meal prep because you can eat them so many different ways: in your fave bun, pita pocket, lettuce wrap or as is on top of a Buddha bowl or chopped into a salad!
- 1 19-oz. can organic no-salt added kidney beans
- 2 tbsp. raw Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. @nealbrothers mild salsa
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tsp. minced onion
- 1.5 tsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Add the kidney beans to a large mixing bowl & mash them with a fork. Leave a few chunks in there, trust me!
- Once the beans are mashed but still a bit chunky, add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Mix until combined & a burger batter is formed.
- Preheat oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If you’re using aluminum foil, make sure to spray the foil with some avocado or coconut oil spray to prevent sticking or burning.
- Form the mixture into 6-8 patties, depending on desired size.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400F, until tops are browned & crispy and the patties easily lift off the baking sheet.
- Remove from the oven & enjoy!
Here’s some inspo for how you can use these babes in a Buddha bowl!