People always ask me what I think about multivitamins & my answer is always the same: I don’t believe in them because it doesn’t make sense to me that one select supplement could be crafted & contain all the vitamins + minerals that every body’s different body needs. I’m a firm believer in taking the supplements we know our bodies need based on 3 things: the way we feel, trial & error & empirical data that shows deficiencies.
BUT, what I do believe in is NATURE’S MULTIVITAMIN: MORINGA! If you’re looking for a way to get in a good dose of chlorophyll, antioxidants, minerals, vitamins,liver-enhancing properties & just an all-around boost to your health, moringa is where it’s at! Other green superfoods like chlorella, spirulina, matcha + wheatgrass are excellent too!
Today’s post workout shake is actually protein-powder free but full of amazing fibre, protein + healthy fat rich ingredients. And guess what? You can still achieve the perfect thick + creamy texture without protein powder!
But before we get into it, let’s just talk about some of the health benefits of moringa (I promise, I’ll keep it brief):
- packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals & amino acids
- full of antioxidants, which help boost skin health & the body’s disease-fighting abilities & fight certain types of cancer & combat aging in all areas of the body
- fights inflammation in the body, which makes it helpful for gut health & overall health of all our vital organs
- protects the heart
- reduces some diabetes symptoms
- boosts brain health
- protects the liver, which is one of the most important organs in the body when it comes to detoxification, ridding the body of toxins, digesting & absorbing nutrients from foods & metabolizing fats, proteins & carbs & helping the body form bile
- contains antimicrobial & antibacterial properties
- 3/4 cup mixed berries
- 1/4 cup frozen avocado
- 1 frozen wheatgrass shot
- 1/2 tbsp. moringa leaf powder
- 1/2 cup homemade vanilla cashew milk
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until thick & creamy.
- Top with desired toppings & enjoy! I used Purely Elizabeth mango almond ancient grain muesli + organic unsweetened shredded coconut!
- ENJOY! 🙂