I have a recent obsession with all things hazelnuts, from the raw nuts to the creamy & crunch nut butters! I just absolutely love & adore the flavour & it totally reminds me of Nutella. I don’t think I need to say much more to convince you that they’re DELISH.
Switching over to a more plant based diet also means I incorporate more seeds into my diet, two of my faves being chia + hemp! These babies are loaded with those too!
They’re vegan, gluten-free, low-sugar & refined sugar free! And you can totally customize them to suit your needs or tastebuds & even make them nut-free or throw in some chocolate chips or cacao nibs or both! I love having them on hand & ready for when I get home from the gym & need a little pick me up in between meals.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw crumbled hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- A few pinches of Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt (both are great!)
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until uniform & a batter is formed.
- Roll into 15-18 balls, depending on desired size & place on a plate. You might want to wet your hands in between every few balls to make rolling easier & prevent sticking.
- Place the plate in the fridge & refrigerate until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (if you want them to last longer).