One thing I get asked about a lot is how I manage to get those lightweight air-dried waves you’ll see me with maybe twice a week (if my hair even lasts through one workout #gymratproblems).
If you guys want to know more about how I got my hair to a much healthier place than it used to be in, you can read this post:How I Brought The Life Back To My Hair!
A few of the things that I think really contributed to my stronger healthier hair are the fact that I wash it way less often than I used to (2x/week), the use of minimal products, very little to no heat application & collagen!
In the spirit of not applying heat to my hair & using minimal products, let’s talk about how I achieve those lightweight waves, which BTW, are super easy, low maintenance & pretty for summer!
- After my shower, I towel dry my hair so it’s no longer dripping & then I apply a few of my go-to products in this order:
- Leave-In Mist (Verb Products)
- Wave Spray (The Ouai)
- Argan Oil (Moroccan Oil)
- avender Coconut Hair Cream (Dr. Bronner)
- I brush my hair out in between each product & then I part it down the middle.
- I let my hair air-dry until it’s still a bit damp but almost dry. I never blow-dry my hair unless I’m in a hurry or I have somewhere to go & need to straighten my hair. I prefer to apply the least heat to my hair as possible to keep it as healthy as I can.
- I braid my hair to the side & go to bed with my hair braided.
- In the morning, I take the braid out, brush my hair with my Great Lengths brush & apply some Ghost Oil (Verb Products), Essence Absolue oil (Shu Umera) or Moroccan Oil to my ends & brush it once more & BOOM!
If you want to read more about my go-to hair products, click here:My Go-To Post Hair-Wash Haircare Routine!