If you don’t know, now you know: I really really really LOVE hummus! And just my luck because it’s probably one of the easiest things to make at home!
You need just a few ingredients & your food processor & you’ve got the cleanest hummus you’ll ever come across, grocery store shelves included!
I love hummus spread on anything from rice cakes to buckwheat crisp breads to sprouted toast to brown rice wraps or rice paper rolls but also as a topping or add-on for Buddha bowls, lettuce wraps & even as a nutritious dip for crunchy raw veggies! You can’t go wrong having some homemade hummus on hand, ready & waiting for you in your fridge. Trust me on that one!
- 1 19-oz. can organic no-salt added chickpeas
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. raw tahini or hemp nut butter
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp. water, as needed (or replace with olive oil for a heartier hummus)
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your food processor (except water) & pulse until combined & creamy.
- Add water 1 tbsp. at a time to thin out, if needed.
And here’s last night really lazy dinner I whipped up with this deliciousness:
CRISPY CRUNCHY VEGGIE + HOMEMADE HUMMUS TOAST: One of my fave ways to make sure to get in my fats even when making something super light + quick is to include them in the form of nuts, seeds or avocado or a combination of those foods because YUM + because I can do so in a way that isn’t heavy or overwhelming!
TO MAKE IT:
- Make my homemade hummus!
- Toast your favourite sprouted bread, spread the hummus & top with tomato slices, alfalfa sprouts, avocado slices, cucumber, hemp hearts, oregano + nutritional yeast.
- Serve with a side of endives because CRUNCH (& fibre!).