When you have extra mixed greens on hand, the easy thing to do is throw them out! Another easy thing you can do is sauté them with some lemon, apple cider vinegar, spices, garlic & nutritional yeast & make this! It takes a bit more time than just throwing them out (DUH), but trust me, it’s worth it!
Serve these veggies as a side dish with your fave protein, use them as a topping for bowls, add-in for salads or simply snack on them as is!
One of my favourite vegan ingredients is nutritional yeast. It literally takes your recipes from 100 to 200 real quick (because let’s be honest, your recipes are already that delicious, right?). It really amps up the flavour profile & adds a nutty cheesy flavour, while also adding tons of B12, protein, beneficial enzymes & gut-healing benefits. Honestly, it’s really all you need to take your veggie game to a whole new level.
I know, I sound crazy… talking about a vegan ingredient & telling you it will make you fall in love with veggies like never before. BUT I’M NOT KIDDING. Try it! I like the one by Bob’s Red Mill because it’s super flakey so it works great as a topping for pasta, bowls, salads, but also blends super well when making sauces, dressings, marinades or using it in recipes.
- 1 large box of mixed greens of your choice (I used arugula & kale)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice from one large lemon
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add the greens to a large skillet & season with the rest of the ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat & sauté the greens until wilted & cooked through.
- Remove from the heat & enjoy!