TBH, this recipe happened because I really wanted to make cauliflower fried rice but I probably eat a head of cauliflower a week & I had none left. All hail cauliflower rice 2.0!
This dish is full of flavour & so easy to make, not to mention, you can customize it how you like & make it more wholesome by adding in your fave source of protein: lean ground chicken, turkey or beef, tofu, tempeh, eggs or egg whites & even legumes or beans!
- 4 cups broccoli florets, riced in food processor
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 2 small bell peppers, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic coconut aminos
- @nakedcoconutsDried parsley flakes
- Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl of your food processor & pulse until a rice-like consistency is obtained.
- Meanwhile, add the diced veggies & garlic to a skillet. Spray with avocado or coconut oil & sauté until browned, fragrant & cooked but still crunchy.
- If you’re adding a source of protein, add it in now & sauté it with the veggies until it’s cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the broccoli rice & the rest of the seasonings & spices. Toss to coat.
- Heat the skillet back on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes, or just enough to slightly cook the broccoli (but don’t let it get mushy) & to combine everything.
- Remove from the heat & top with dried parsley flakes.