The other day, I felt a little more anxious than usual so I figured I’d amp up my post-workout shake by adding in some of my favourite adaptogens in hopes that they help naturally soothe the way I’m feeling today. I’ve learned that when it comes to anxiety, you gotta take each day as it comes: some days will be easier than others & it is what it is!
I used ashwagandha, cordyceps + chaga & also incorporated some vegan protein to boost my energy levels & promote muscle recovery & sweetened it with strawberries + yacon syrup!
Adaptogens help the body adapt to or cope with anxiety by fighting fatigue caused by internal or external stressors by helping improve the body’s ability to combat stress in general. They’re non toxic, produce a non-specific response in the body & have a normalizing effect on the body helping it reach its state of homeostasis (balance a.k.a. exactly where your body feels the less stressed + happiest!).
- 1/3 cup homemade hemp milk
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tbsp. ashwagandha
- 1/2 tbsp. chaga
- 3 cordyceps capsules OR 1/2 tbsp. Cordyceps in powder form
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp. Vegan sprouted vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. Yacon syrup
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1-2 tsp. organic raw coconut butter
- TOPPINGS: Living Intentions superfood banana hemp granola & Ceylon cinnamon
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined.
- Pour into a tall glass, top with desired toppings & enjoy!