If you don’t know, now you know… I LOVE BOWLS.
I like to use greens as the base for most of my bowls because it’s a great way to add vitamins, minerals & crunch! I generally top them with lots of veggies (raw + roasted), some nuts or seeds, Dijon mustard or salsa & when I’m feeling fancy, some vegan cashew cheese! And of course… I like to top them off with nutritional yeast for the perfect touch of cheesy nutty flavour!
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They’re also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, potassium, fibre, B complex vitamins. They boost immunity + heart health, regulate digestion, help maintain water balance in the body, detoxify the body of heavy metals, naturally regulate blood sugar + they’re super anti-inflammatory, which makes them great for skin + respiratory health.
- 1/4 to 1/2 roasted sweet potato (skin on)
- Huge handful spinach
- 1 roasted beet, cubed
- 1/2 tbsp.aged cumin vegan cashew cheese
- 1/2 tbsp. raw Dijon mustard
- Alfalfa sprouts or micro-greens
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp. raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Roast your sweet potato: Preheat the oven to 400F. Pierce the sweet potato several times with a fork.
- Place the potato on a rimmed baking sheet, wrap it in aluminum foil & bake until tender, about 40-45 minutes.
- Once baked, let cool slightly & slice it.
- Add the spinach to a bowl & top it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle generously with nutritional yeast.