Summer has me DOWN for all the figs! Weirdly, I actually prefer them dried to fresh!
Either way, figs have a lot of health benefits:
- High fibre
- Good source of calcium + potassium
- Build strong bones
- Regulate blood pressure
- Maintain healthy cholesterol levels in the body
- Source of manganese & copper
- Contain vitamin K, which helps with vitamin D absorption in the body, thereby maintaining serotonin levels + cognitive function
- High in B6, which is also necessary for serotonin production in the brain
These oats are creamy,
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 dried organic figs, diced
- 1 tsp. yacon syrup
- 1 tbsp. chunky almond butter
- TOPPINGS: Shredded unsweetened coconut, hemp hearts, Ceylon cinnamon + berries
- Add all the ingredients, except the toppings, to a small glass container. Mix to combine. Don’t worry if it’s a bit liquid; it’ll thicken overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, add the oats to a bowl, top with desired toppings & enjoy!!