Nothing says summer like a fresh cold smoothie loaded with berries, green, protein & tons of superfoods! Especially after a double morning sweat sesh!
Two of my fave superfoods in this baby are bee pollen + marine phytoplankton:
- Bee pollen is one of nature’s most complete foods & contains all the vitamins, minerals + nutrients necessary for the human body to thrive! It’s rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, B complex vitamins + amazing for gut + skin health, immunity & a great way to naturally sweeten recipes, smoothies, oats + chia pudding.
- Marine phytoplankton is a form of algae known for boosting liver, brain & heart health, increasing energy, slowing aging + promoting cell regeneration. It’s anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory & immunity-boosting! It’s also super easy to add to recipes because you can buy it in liquid form & simply add a dropper full in! You won’t even know it’s there!
- 1/2 cup homemade oat milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan vegan sprouted vanilla protein
- 1 dropper marine phytoplankton
- 2 tbsp. bee pollen
- 1 dropper Holizen Lab milk thistle, burdock + rosemary supplement
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp. moringa powder
- TOPPING: Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin cinnamon ancient grain granola
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until smooth.
- Top with granola & enjoy!