Here’s a perfect easy & quick salad to prep for meal prep for the week! It makes for a great add-in to bowls or take it as is on-the-go for healthy lunches at work/school!
It’s filled with nutritious wholesome ingredients & the dressing is made with minimal staple seasonings & spices that you most certainly already have on hand… not to mention it’s anti-inflammatory!
Some of the benefits of brown rice include:
- great for heart health due to high magnesium content
- contains 88% of the RDV of manganese, making it great for digestion
- boosts energy
- helps regulate cholesterol levels
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- rich in powerful antioxidants that boost immunity, fight aging & prevent certain types of cancers
- benefits the functioning of the nervous system
- 1.5 cups cooked organic brown rice
- Huge handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/8 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup raw coconut vinegar
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Sea salt + black pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Cook your brown rice according to package directions.
- Once cooked, let cool & prepare your other ingredients in the meantime.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl & season with the dressing ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Top with more nutritional yeast, black pepper or dried parsley!