With summer in the air, I’m feeling these tropical protein bites! They’re super summery, tender, naturally sweet & full of nutritious ingredients, fibre, protein, healthy fats & energizing natural sugars
What makes them energy bites?! BASICALLY EVERYTHING. No, but seriously, I added in some vegan sprouted protein by Iron Vegan, hemp hearts, nature’s perfect complete protein & contains all 20 amino acids required by our bodies to thrive.
Mangoes are full of vitamin C, A, B6, fibre, copper, magnesium & potassium. They’re great for immunity, maintaining a healthy heart & fighting aging in the body, boosting skin health, eliminating indigestion & acidity, cognitive function, controlling blood pressure & diabetes.
- 1 cup dried organic unsweetened mangoes, soaked in water
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup vegan protein of choice
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. water or almond milk to add moisture, if necessary
- Add the mangoes to a mixing bowl & cover with water to soften. Soak for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once the mangoes are soft, add them to your food processor with the dates. Pulse until a paste is obtained. I kept a few chunks in there but feel free to pulse to desired consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor & pulse until a sticky batter is formed. You will have to stop to scrape the sides every now & then.
- Add water or almond milk 1-2 tbsp. at a time to soften the mixture if it’s too crumbly. You should be able to roll it into a ball without it falling apart.
- Roll the mixture into 20-25 balls, based on desired size. I made 20 medium ones. Place them on a plate & refrigerate to firm up.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container or in the freezer if you want them to last longer.