Here’s to delicious nutritious salads in the sun!
A good salad always needs a few components to make it in my books:
- a really simple light anti-inflammatory vinaigrette with lemon & dried herbs (for me, the goal is for the dressing to add a bit of zest to an already delicious salad & not overpower it)
- a mix of crunchy fresh veggies
- 1-2 sources of healthy fats +/or protein
- an extra dose of fibre from things like chia seeds, dried fruit, tigernuts or psyllium husks
- sometimes, I’ll also add some fresh or dried fruit, sun-dried tomatoes or a splash or two of healthy sweeteners if I’m craving something sweeter.
- 1/2 head radicchio, chopped
- 1 endive, chopped
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 heaping tbsp. raw pistachios
- 1/2 tbsp. organic chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tbsp. coconut vinegar
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Juice from a lemon
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl & toss to combine.
- Season the salad directly in the same bowl & toss to coat the ingredients in the dressing.
- Top with more dried thyme &/or nutritional yeast & ENJOY!