Typical fudge recipes are made with refined sugar, butter & other types of dairy. This one’s dairy-free, a little healthier & naturally sweetened with yacon syrup!
The reason I’m calling this Nutella fudge is because Nutella is made from hazelnuts. The problem is that tons of additives, preservatives & refined sugars are added. Hazelnut butter, on the other hand, when you buy it raw is made from just hazelnuts & will legit remind you of Nutella, only healthier!
Wanna see the ingredients list in Nutella? Yes. I know you do.
Nutella ingredients: sugar, palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (milk), lecithin as emulsifier (soy), vanillin: an artificial flavor.
The ingredients in the hazelnut butter I used to make this fudge? JUST HAZELNUTS. No need for all the artificial sweeteners & ingredients when you add real cacao powder, yacon syrup & coconut oil to the mix. Seriously, guys, this fudge is a MUST-MAKE!
- 1/2 cup creamy hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. yacon syrup
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Add all the ingredients to a small skillet & heat over low heat. Stir continuously with a rubber spatula until all the ingredients are melted & incorporated.
- Alternatively, you can melt them in the microwave in 20-30 second increments, until melted through.
- Remove from the heat & portion the chocolate mixture into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or until fudge is completely solid.
- To remove the fudge, gently lift it out of the ice cube tray & store in an airtight container in the freezer. It does thaw pretty quickly so make sure not to leave it out for extended periods of time!