I don’t know why but I was craving a shredded salad today! Talk about weird cravings, right?! Anywho, y’all know I’m all about satisfying a craving, whether it be for greens or chocolate! So here’s today’s craving-inspired lunch, full of veggies, nuts, antioxidants, dried fruit, crispy, crunchy, delicious & full of flavour!
Now, it’s not because I had it for lunch that you have to also – it actually makes for a great all-around salad – brunch, lunch or dinner (& well, even breakfast… IF YOU’RE A SALAD FOR BREAKY KINDA PERSON). It’s also so pretty that it can totally work as a crowd-pleasing appetizer or salad dish if you’re having guests over! Of course, if you’re making it for guests, you’ll definitely want to up the quantities. The ingredients listed down below are enough for one big salad (for a very hungry person like me!) or two medium-sized salads, so make sure to up your quantities accordingly!
- 2 handfuls chopped romaine
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 tbsp. sliced raw almonds
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1-2 radishes, diced finely
- 1/4 cup fennel, diced finely
- 1 medium cucumber, diced finely
- 1 large roasted beet, diced finely
- 2 tbsp. dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Add the spinach & romaine to the bowl of your food processor & pulse until it’s shredded. Don’t over shred it or it’ll become soggy!
- Add the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl & season with the dressing ingredients in the same bowl. Toss to coat.
- Plate the salad & top with the avocado slices.