Yes, I switched over to a more plant-based diet but the rest of my fam hasn’t! This salad is a great way to use up some leftover chicken or a great meal to prep on a Sunday afternoon so you have lunch options ready for the week!
You can stuff it into lettuce wraps, gluten-free pita or tortillas, throw it into salads or use it to make a healthier club sandwich!
It’s creamy, crispy, crunchy, full of greens & veggies & bursting with garlicky smoky citrusy flavour!
- 3 cups shredded chicken (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup raw organic tahini
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Huge handful cilantro, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- A few pinches cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice of a lemon
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- If you’re using an already roasted chicken, remove the skin & shred.
- Otherwise, roast or bake your chicken as you do regularly. The easiest way to do it is to bring sea salted water to a simmer in a skillet. Add the chicken breast & cover & cook over low heat. Let it steam for about 5 minutes, then shred it with a fork.
- Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl with the rest of your ingredients & mix to combine!