Who’s with me: this colourful KIDNEY BEAN, CILANTRO & TIGERNUT SALAD screams summer, right?!
What’s in it?
- Green & red onion
- Organic kidney beans
- Hemp hearts
- Raw whole tigernuts
- Fresh cilantro
- Daikon radish
- Golden delicious apple
- Balsamic apple cider & yacon syrup vinaigrette
Did you guys know that daikon radish is a super anti-inflammatory food that’s full of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin C, phosphorus & potassium? It’s also great for helping boost liver function + detoxification, has antiviral + antibacterial properties & helps the kidneys filter & excrete excess water retention?!
And wait for it… that’s not all that’s in this salad (obviously… have you met me?). The star of the show is kidney beans! And you can be sure AF that they have tons of health benefits as well, some of which include: stabilizing blood sugar, full of manganese, which acts as an antioxidant & strengthens the body’s defence systems, rich in vitamin K, beneficial for the brain, nervous system & strong bones, amazing source of iron, boost energy levels & high in plant-based protein.
I kept the dressing super simple to let the flavours of the ingredients shine. THANK ME LATER.
Here’s how to make it!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 can organic kidney beans
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp. raw organic tigernuts
- 3-4 rounds of Daikon radish, diced
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Golden delicious apple, cubed
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- A splash or 2 of yacon syrup
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Season the salad directly in the bowl & toss until all ingredients are fully coated.
- ENJOY! 🙂