Just like a glass of lukewarm lemon water will do absolute wonders for your body first thing in the morning, SO WILL THIS!
This GINGER TURMERIC TEA is probably one of the most anti-inflammatory things you can drink!
Like our skin, our body has a certain pH level & in order for the body to remain healthy & in a state of homeostasis, we must maintain that healthy pH level by keeping an alkaline environment. An unhealthy or imbalanced pH level in the body can lead to a build-up of toxins, impaired liver function, chronic fatigue & eventually, more serious health problems.
ALL HAIL GINGER + TURMERIC praised for their alkalizing effects!
Not only are these spices alkalizing but they’re also anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, have immunity-boosting properties, high in antioxidants & help fight infection, relieve pain, fight aging, promote glowing skin, boost digestive health, purify the blood, regulate blood sugar & detoxify the liver naturally.
You’ll love this tea so much, you’ll make it weekly! Feel free to add lemon, Ceylon cinnamon, Manuka honey or aloe Vera juice to it to give it an extra kick!
PRO TIP: Always make sure to use black peppercorn when you use turmeric (raw or ground) in order to activate the curcuma, the compound in turmeric that gives it all its health benefits!
- 12 cups water
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 large pieces of fresh ginger (skin on), sliced
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorn
- ADD-INS (before drinking it):
- Fresh lemon
- Aloe vera
- Manuka honey
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Add the water, turmeric, ginger & black peppercorn to a large skillet & bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower the heat & let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat & let sit in the skillet for at least 2 hours to allow the water to absorb the flavours of the ginger & turmeric.
- Once cooled & ready, strain by pour into a large bowl lined with a metal or mesh strainer.
- Pour the tea into glass containers or Mason jars & store in the fridge.
- Before drinking it, feel free to squeeze in some fresh lemon or add in aloe vera, Manuka honey &/or Ceylon cinnamon!
- ENJOY! 🙂