After a day full of meal prep yesterday, I was LAZY to say the least. But, one thing I know is that LAZY DINNERS don’t have to be boring or unhealthy!
IMO, chickpea pasta is probably the closest thing to real deal gluten-FULL pasta in terms of texture & feel! I absolutely love it because it’s so much higher in protein, fibre & vitamins & minerals than regular pasta, but just as satisfying, if not more!
I made my own 3 ingredient vegan rosé sauce by combining tomato pasta, my homemade almond cream & fresh garlic! So easy + simple & most importantly, so DELISH! I also sautéed some spinach & mushrooms in avocado oil, but you can throw in any veggies that get your tastebuds singing!
This recipe would also work well with any other form of gluten-free pasta, my other faves being lentil or black bean pasta!
- 1/2 cup Eat Banza chickpea pasta, boiled according to package directions
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- Handful of spinach
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp. no-salt added organic tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. homemade almond cream (or other dairy-free yogurt alternative or Greek yogurt). The recipe for my almond cream is here: Homemade Almond Cream a.k.a. A Dream, Seriously (& A Kite Hill Dupe FOSHO!)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Nutritional yeast for topping
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Once boiled, set aside.
- In a small skillet, add the mushrooms & spray with avocado oil. Heat over medium-high heat & sauté for about 5-7 minutes, stirring every now & then to prevent burning.
- Once the mushrooms are almost done cooking, throw in the spinach, add the black pepper & sauté for about 2 minutes, until it shrinks & is wilted.
- Once the pasta is boiled, drain it.
- Add the pasta back to the skillet you boiled it in with the sautéed veggies & the rosé sauce ingredients. Heat over medium heat for about 2 minutes to combine.
- Plate the pasta & top with nutritional yeast!
- ENJOY! 🙂