The other day, I forgot to plan ahead & didn’t bring a snack with me to eat after spinning before therapy. Hey, it happens to the best of us! BUT ‘YO GIRL GOT HOME HANGRY! I made myself this fully loaded chocolate milkshake & wow did it ever hit the spot! It’s delicious, thick, creamy, rich & chocolatey & perfect for this hot summer day!
Instead of collagen or protein powder, I added baobab powder, a prebiotic fibre super rich in calcium, vitamin C, potassium & antioxidants!
This milkshake is brain-boosting, energizing, metabolism-revving, amazing for the skin & boosting collagen production, full of anti-inflammatory fatty acids, fibre, magnesium, iron + antioxidants!
- 1/2 cup homemade coconut milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. royal jelly (swap for maple or yacon syrup for vegan option)
- 1 tbsp. baobab powder
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 5-6 chunks steamed then frozen zucchini (or cauliflower or butternut squash)
- 1 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- TOPPINGS: Sprouted honey hemp granola (I used the one by One Degree) & bee pollen
- Add the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined.
- Top & enjoy!