Ok guys… if you didn’t know better, you’d think these GRAIN-FREE & VEGAN BROWN RICE PATTIES were a legit burger… I’m talking texture, taste & the whole nine yards, the whole shebang, the whole whatever you wanna call it!
They’re full of meaty nutty flavour (oh coconut aminos!), loaded with fibre (swapped the breadcrumbs for psyllium husks), plant-protein (hello brown rice, nutritional yeast & flax), healthy fats (hello almonds), good carbs making them great for post-workout refuel or just boosting energy levels in general + of course, SO FINGER-LICKING GOOD.
Last night, I stuffed 2 romaine lettuce “buns” with one of these babes, chipotle kimchi, pickles, nutritional yeast, 1/4 avocado, dried parsley, curry mustard + roasted garlic salsa & OMFG… I went to cloud 9. Literally.
If patties aren’t your jam, you can totally make meatless meatballs instead or you can bake it whole to create a rice casserole dish!
- 1 + 1/3 cup cooked organic brown rice (cooled in the fridge for at least 30 minutes)
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. filtered water
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2/3 cup psyllium husks (or gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. raw organic sliced almonds (walnuts or pecans work too!)
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined & incorporated. You should be able to pick up a portion of the mixture & gently roll & flatten it between your palms to form a patty.
- If the batter isn’t holding together, add a bit more water, 1 tbsp. at a time &/or a bit more nutritional yeast to help it stick together.
- Form the batter into 6-8 patties, depending on desired size.
- Place the patties on the baking sheet & bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- Once baked, broil on high for 2 minutes to get the outsides & bottoms extra crispy! But watch them closely so they don’t burn!
- ENJOY! 🙂