I’m having SO MUCH FUN experimenting with plant-based foods these days & I’m so excited to share all my quick & easy yummy recipes with you guys!
This was last night’s post-workout refuel: RADICCHIO LETTUCE WRAPS STUFFED WITH SEA SALTED LUPINI BEANS (I use the ones by Brami Snacks), AVOCADO, MICRO-GREENS & HOMEMADE PESTO!
Lupini beans are known as the Roman super snack & miracle bean! These ancient beans once fuelled Roman warriors. They contain 50% more protein than chickpeas, 2.6x more minerals than coconut water, a hella lotta fibre, they’re low in carbs, contain zero sugar or cholesterol & high in vitamin C, calcium & iron!
WARNING: They’re addictive!
If you don’t have lupini beans, these wraps would work great with any other bean or legume, from chickpeas to kidney or black beans to cooked lentils, quinoa, freekeh, buckwheat or amaranth!
- 4 large radicchio leaves (double the wraps)
- 1/2 avocado, cubes
- 25-30 lupini beans
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Micro-greens of choice
- Pesto, hummus, salsa or dip of choice
- Nutritional yeast or Parmesan
- Black pepper
- Place the lettuce wraps on a plate, making sure to double them so they don’t rip.
- Fill the wraps with the beans & other toppings, gently roll them & enjoy!