Talk about a beautiful rainbow on my plate!
Call me crazy but a salad that looks (& tastes) like this gets me SO excited.
And Lord knows I was SO EXCITED to eat it after my workout last night!
- When you make kale salads, use avocado. Not only does it add tons of nutrition & healthy fats, but it softens the kale once it’s combined, makes the salad creamy & doubles as a dressing!
- Once you season the salad, let it sit for a few minutes to let the kale soften & absorb all the liquid & flavours from the salad & dressing ingredients. Thank me later. 😍
This salad is creamy, cheesy, full of flavour, legit amazing & the epitome of the fact that a bowl of veggies & plant-based ingredients can actually be a filling, satisfying + nutritious meal. We have good carbs, a hella lotta fibre, plant-based protein, healthy fats, natural sugars & basically, EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN!
As for the dressing, I kept it simple: lemon, balsamic, apple cider, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder + nutritional yeast. This is basically my go-to dressing & I love that I can season the salad directly in the same bowl (READ: LAZY).
- 2 huge handfuls chopped kale
- 1/4 roasted sweet potato
- 1/4 avocado in chunks
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 tbsp. raw pistachios
- 1 tbsp. golden berries (unsweetened)
- 1/2 roasted beet in cubes
- 1 tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- If you don’t have sweet potato on hand, roast ‘em! Here’s how:
- SWEET POTATO: I like to roast my sweet potatoes by cutting lengthwise in half, placing face down on a baking sheet & baking at 425F for 35-40 minutes, flipping at halfway mark (cut side up), until tender.
- As for your beets, buy them pre-roasted & organic in vacuum-sealed packaging (make sure they contain NOTHING ELSE) or roast them at home.
- Add all the salad ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Season the salad directly in the bowl & toss to coat in the dressing.
- Let the salad sit for 5-10 minutes so that the flavours absorb.