What if I told you that you could dose your brownies up with your favourite adaptogen powder & they’d become DELICIOUS BITES OF STRESS-RELIEF?! That’s exactly what I’m telling you!
These brownies are vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, refined sugar-free, chocolatey, indulgent, firm on the outside & moist & chewy on the inside & of course, SO YUMMY!
Ashwagandha is one of my fave adaptogens & I use it in all things lattes, baked or raw treats & smoothies! Some of its benefits include:
- increases stamina & endurance by sharpening brain function & reducing bodily pain
- reduces anxiety & depression
- combats the effects of stress by supporting adrenal function & helping overcome adrenal fatigue & chronic stress
- improves thyroid function by balancing hormones
- protects the brain from degeneration
- helps reduce bodily pain in muscles & joints, while keeping energy levels steady
- boosts immunity & energy by increasing white blood cells in the body
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp. ashwagandha root powder (or any other adaptogen or protein/collagen powder of choice)
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk (or any other milk)
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- Your fave dark chocolate bar, in chunks OR 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks OR cacao nibs (I used Alter Eco Quinoa Dark Chocolate Bar)
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Add all the ingredients (except the chocolate chunks) to a bowl. Mix until combined & incorporated. There should be no leftover flour or powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks or cacao nibs.
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with aluminum foil. Spray it with coconut oil.
- Press the batter into the loaf pan, making sure to fill the edges & corners well.
- Flatten the top with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 12-13 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven & let cool. Once cooled, place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge, slice & enjoy! (you can also just slice it once it cools if you prefer – just be gentle!).